Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stuck No Longer!

Did I tell you I got a new laptop? It's paying off already. A few days ago I posted about being stuck. I am stuck no longer. Thank you to Eric and Roland for unsticking me. And to Angela and all the participants in her Next Top Title Blogfest for commenting on my title and propelling me forward.

On Friday, I shared that I upped my word count to 14,054. Today I made it to 16,285. That's the most words I've written in one day in quite a while! And I'm not in pain like I would've been had I sat at my desktop all day. Yeehaa!

So, all in all, I've had quite a productive weekend. I put in several hours of census work. Visited my sister, Carolyn, down in Hiram and saw Sex and the City 2 with her. Helped my friend Ginny, and her husband, Dave, in Douglasville. I unveiled the title of my manuscript, Churches, Chickens and Chi-Chi's, and got some great feedback on that. And I met some new writers and got to help them decide on titles for their own works in process.

Lastly, I moved my own novel forward in leaps and bounds. What a fiercely awesome weekend.

I wanted to end it on a perfect note. With another post. To say thank you. To all of you. I'm so glad you're out there. I'm so glad you're in my life.

Here's a song for Sammy, my main character. She's back home helping take care of her mother and in need of some serious rock and roll. Turn it up. The louder the better.

2 comments:

Eric W. Trant said...

Congrats on being unstuck. I think I dislodged my boulder over the weekend and can commence the landslide.

I hope.

I had this weird discussion with myself in the car, sort of a Tyler Durden moment. My Durden side straightened out my softer side.

Writers are weird. If they weren't they wouldn't be interesting.

- Eric

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Too funny. I had to google Tyler Durden, 'cause I had no idea who he was. Fancy my giggle on finding the website, www.wwtdd.com. The giggle was twofold, one, Tyler Durden must be one badass dude if he was in Fight Club, and two, based on the posts on the above website, he probably would appreciate my Tush video. :)

Anyway, glad that boulder is rolling downhill.

~Rebel Yell, Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...