Thursday, October 28, 2010

To MY Boys of Summer

To borrow a famous line from John Fogerty, "Put me in coach. I'm ready to play."

Finally! But like I said. "I'm Back."
And I'm ready to play, blog, write. Even work. Yeeehaaaa!

But now back to baseball:

Yes, I'm a Rebel. And, yes, I'm a Braves fan. I mean, I am an Atlanta girl and I grew up with Ted Turner. 24/7.

But HEY! What up with getting whupped by San Francisco, boys? Fer cryin out loud!

For the record? I still love ya man.

In spite of being a Rebel, I've got lots of Yankee blood in my veins. My grandfather's nickname was Yank and my dad was little Yank. Then my mama was a Yankee, too.

So, it's no wonder that I loves me some Yankee baseball. Those dudes are always smokin'. Till they got smoked by some Texas sluggers.

Us Rebels know about smokin'. You know, Boston butts and all. No not Sox butts. Pig butts.

Slow smoke one of those little pig puppies and you've got yourself the best pulled pork fixin's in the world. Just don't mess it up with that sweet sweet sauce. Use something spicy vinegary with just a little sweet to tone it down.

Mmmm. Now that's some good World Series eatin'.

Go get 'em, Rebels. Umm Rangers. Show my Californians how we slug 'em in Texas.

This is dedicated to all my friends, family and followers, baseball fans or no. The video is a classic, set to one of my favorite baseball songs, "Centerfield" by John Fogerty. Turn it up. :D



Time to go smoke a butt, That Rebel, Olivia

P.S. If you weren't grinning or in tears or both after watching this video, you MUST watch it agin. Just sayin'. And turn it UP!

15 comments:

Eric W. Trant said...

I'm in Dallas, and last night we had a soccer practice, tonight we have a game.

UGH!

Go Rangers!

I would say Go Cowboys or Hook em Horns, but I'd get laughed out.

- Eric

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Not a baseball fan. But I am a Rebel with a Blog fan. Have a great ormorrow. Roland

Jules said...

Okay that song brings back memories, being a real girl of summer myself. :) But that definition of pulled pork sounds a little St Louis to me and you have made me hungry :D

Hey batter, batter
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it! I'm a Jays fan up here - of course!

Melissa said...

I don't watch any sports whatsoever but it always interests me that others do.

The Words Crafter said...

I've never been a baseball fan. However, my mom and I used to watch football all the time. I'm a Falcons girl all the way. It takes some serious talent to uh, hmmm, well-screw things up the way they can. Could. I haven't been a faithful watcher in some years. Steve Bartkowski was still quartering when I watched.

And, since I am a Falcons fan, I've always considered myself a Hawks and Braves fan, too.

dolorah said...

Well, I'm not a sports fan, but the video was cool. Everyone at my work is wearing their team shirts - Giants seem to be the favorite there.

......dhole

Unknown said...

I was an athlete until somewhere in my twenties, a coach until somewhere in my thirties ... but not really a sports fan. Go figure.

However, I am from the Bay Area and my mom was a huge Giants (and 49ers) fan, so GO GIANTS!!! Two down, two to go!

Unknown said...

(I have to admit that was mostly for my mom, I'm sure that wherever she is now, she's cheering)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L. Diane Wolfe said...

As long as the Yankees aren't involved, I don't care! Evil empire...

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Thanks for stopping by, y'all. Looks like the Giants are kicking butt anyway.

Hope everyone got a chance to watch the video. It's a classic!

Have a great weekend, Olivia

Along These Lines ... said...

Hi Olivia. Thanks for the visit. Yes, great clips there of the steroid-free BB days. You won by having talent!
We've visited north GA mountains many times for vacations - great place for a story setting! nick

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...