Monday, January 31, 2011

I CAN DO THIS!

"Opportunity is a haughty goddess who wastes no time with those who are unprepared." ~ taken from pg 18, Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clasen.

Translated for me: Write, dammit, WRITE!

Today's online radio station is Southern Rock, courtesy of AOL. Just now the James Gang perform Walk Away.  You gotta love Joe Walsh. OMG, I just found a 1971 live version and these guys were babies! Wow.



Anyway, back on topic. Bugsy is outside chasing birds around the feeder. And I? I am preparing for my writing time.

B.S.? You did NOT say that. But, yeah. Probably.

The Truth is just this: If I don't sit my fanny down and write this epic tale taking place in my head, someone else will. Or something similar. So it's time for me to shut up and sit down. And write. In spite of the fact that I am scared s**tless because it feels, and is a gargantuan task, even one snippet, one scene at a time. But I'm convinced. If Tolkien can do it, so can I. If Lucas can do it, I can do it.

I will.

Here I go.

May the Force be with you and may the Eye never fall upon your face.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell

6 comments:

Alex Ong said...

You can do it!

Alex
Breakfast Every Hour

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Alex, thanks! Deep breath. Here I go!

~ Olivia

Arlee Bird said...

Yes, Olivia, get busy! You can do it! Good advice for me as well.

James Gang was such a great group and "Walk Away" a great song--the entire album was great!

You really come up with some musical memories.

Lee
Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

The Words Crafter said...

And may the Eye never fall upon your face. I love it!!!! You can do it! I have faith in you! BTW, it sounds EPIC. I need to do the same, as soon as I get some things sorted out...

Jules said...

Little engine could, so can you! My favorite was Midnight Man. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Melissa said...

You can do it!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...