Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Us and Them

I'm getting closer and closer to having wireless at my new home. In the meantime, my posts will continue to be few and far between. Such is life. Hopefully I will be up and running soon.

Friday I lost my phone. First one ever. I've broken a few. Lost a few contact numbers. But NEVER every single phone number I have ever collected and kept. Wahhh.

The good news is: I now have an iPhone. And am IN LOVE with it. There is a 'find my iPhone' app that I have enabled. And a backup function to save my contacts, etc, to iTunes. Yeehaa.

Sunday I raked pine straw and leaves for a couple of hours listening to 'Pink Floyd Radio' on Pandora. On my new iPhone. Did I say that I'm in love?

Earphones in, I danced with that rake and those leaves, enjoying every single moment in the sun and hard work. And have several more songs for the soundtrack of my new novel. Hmm, I simply must give it a working title, rather than calling it 'my new novel'.

Here is Us and Them. Also by Pink Floyd.

I promise I will be back soon!



~ Olivia J. Herrell



9 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Did you have a record of those phone numbers you lost? I hope so. Sometimes I forget the numbers if I have them lodged in the electronic memory of my phone.

Ouch. At least I'm glad you now have an Iphone. May your wireless days soon be here for you, Roland

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Seems everything we do any more is in need of a backup.
Lost all my phone information last fall but not the phone. Now I backup the BB. I admit I only know one or two #'s by heart from the contact list.
Hope you get your wireless soon.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I have an IPHONE and to be honest rather have a phone that is just a phone. I am not techically minded and find it hard to use plus I have had probs with it. Glad that you get on well with the Iphone.

Yvonne.

Dolly said...

What fun - dancing with a rake and leaves to the music. Good for you girl. i wonder if Bugsy gave you an odd look, or just chased after the stray leaves? I hope all is going well with your working title new novel :-)

Jules said...

Hoping the wireless gods are smiling on you soon. If it would get warm and stay warm maybe I could dance with the leaves :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Raquel Byrnes said...

Wow, I really hope you find you iPhone. I think I'd be lost without my DROID. I usually check my email and twitter while shuttling the kids around...I'd get far less done if I had to rely on my laptop alone.

Rebecca Bradley said...

I absolutely love my iphone and would now probably feel as though I had lost an arm should I ever lose or break it.

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard that one in a long time, thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

I also adore my iPhone:) Music and internet in one stylish little package? What's not to love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...