Thursday, April 21, 2011

One of These Days...

...I will be settled.

I've rented a small one-bedroom house in town in Villa Rica surrounded by a small forest. I had no furniture and no money, but it's happening. Yeehaa!

...I will not be facing another move in the foreseeable future.

Ahhh. Makes sleeping on an air mattress almost palatable. But not totally.

...I will buy a new bed.

But for now, today, I bought a used one. I'm grateful to be sleeping on a real bed tonight.

...Calvin will show up on my doorstep.

I will swoon. Or maybe just fall in to his arms.

...I won't be scrounging and scrimping.

That day is nearing, but not here yet.

...I will get the rest of my stuff from Dahlonega. And California.

Dahlonega will be here on Saturday.

...I will write again. Not just dribbles and drabs. Really write. As in, consumed.

Finish my second novel. And my first.
...I will get back on track with the A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Umm. Yeah.

In the meantime, I'm getting the day job/business going. Scavenging for furniture and household goods. Taking care of Betty (please don't let it be serious). Etcetera.

Love y'all, Olivia J. Herrell

Here's Emmylou singing One of These Days written by Earl "Peanutt" Montgomery.

11 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Good luck to you may all you wish yourself come true,

Yvonne.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Thanks, Yvonne. Love your new picture!

~ Olivia

Michelle Gregory said...

hope you can enjoy the journey on your way to those days.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Olivia, thanks you for the comment you so kindly wrote.

Yvonne.

Eric W. Trant said...

BTDT, especially on the air mattress and moving parts. I can sleep anywhere, even in my Tahoe (which I have).

I still have some hand-me-down furniture, still drive a 2003 Tahoe that I bought new and is about to turn 200k miles this summer, but I have a house, an office in my closet, every room in the house is full, and I have a cheerier outlook on the future than I thought I would have two years ago.

It gets better. Then it gets worse. Then better. Then it really sucks. Then it rocks.

And so it goes.

I told Pop, though, when they were laying off back in 2009: I've already lost a house, a wife, all my savings, and everything I own.

What the hell can they take away that I haven't already lost?

See, I'm stronger. And so are you. I'll tweak the Devil's nose. Bring it.

- Eric

Marjorie said...

I have some of those very dreams myself.

Jo Schaffer said...

Surging ahead! Way to get your crud togetha, girl! (=

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Olivia, blessings to you!
Enjoy the journey.

Jayne said...

Yeah! You go girl! Love that Emmylou. ;)

Unknown said...

i should make a list like this..good luck to you in everything you set out to accomplish!

Teresa

http://icecoldpenguin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the very best in all you set out to do. Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...