Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

A new wind is blowing through my world.
I called, and it came.
The soft, teasing sort,
That tickles your hair
On a warm summer day.
Light, airy, safe,
Ever there.
Unbidden, my lips turn up at the corners,
Curious as to what happens next.
The wind swirls, steady and sweet
Then gently sighs, at rest.

~ Olivia J. Herrell

A new wind indeed.

I met a guy. And not just any guy. A special kind of guy.

He found me. On match.com. From only fifteen miles away. Our paths, though different, have crisscrossed many times. Now we meet, at the middle of our road, for the first time.

Of course, it's early. We just met. And had one date.

But Mav said it best, mischevious grin and all, "I don't know, but uh, it's looking good so far."



P.S. I officially have DSL at home as of today and am so very grateful. I feel connected again. Thank you all for that. Oh yeah! I promised you a happy post. Did I deliver?

8 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

glad for the dsl and smiling about the guy.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A great post most enjoyable.

Yvonne.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Michelle, thank you! :0

Yvonne, there you are! I couldn't find you on my blogroll last night and couldn't visit. I'm at work now, but will be by later tonight. I've missed you!

~ Olivia

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

You had me hooked at, "A new wind is blowing through my world."

A new romance is always exciting. Match.com, I'll have to tell my daughter to check it out again.

Kathi

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Hi Kathi, thank you so much for stopping by. Do tell her. It's a great way to meet people.

~ Olivia

Ivy Bliss said...

What a lovely poem! Let's skip down the path together!
:)
I love you.
I miss you.

A.T. Post said...

You delivered!

You deserve every ounce of this happiness. I've been hoping and wishing for that somebody special to come along for you. I thought "she's got a new place, a new garden, a new life. Now she just needs somebody special to share it with."

Then I click over and see this.

Jumping for joy, vicariously.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Ivy, thanks and OKAY! Miss you and love you, too.

Postman, when you met your love earlier in the year I was so happy for you, too. I remember one of the first things I ever read of yours was a fiction piece for a blogfest. I don't recall the characters' names, but I do recall that the guy in the bar connected with a wonderful lady and you and I both said "hopefully, maybe, someday soon that will be us."

Now here we are. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

~ Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...