Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hands on the Wheel

"An' with no place to hide, I looked in your eyes,
An' I found myself in you.
I looked to the stars, tried all of the bars.
An' I've nearly gone up in smoke.
Now my hand's on the wheel, I've something that's real,
An' I feel like I'm goin' home." ~ from Hands on the Wheel

Almost daily I open Blogger to write a post, then sit here scanning the screen of my mind. Not one thing seems worth sharing. Shaking my head in disgust, I click off.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there's lots to share. Just nothing that I can imagine you would care about. I'm in love. La, la, la, la, la, la, la. So what. Big deal. Who cares.

Well, hell. I do.

And since this is my blog, I've decided to take it back. No more lizard brain censureship. Which means you're stuck reading about my love life. Or not. If I drone on and you hate it, I invite you to click over to any one off the great blogs on my right sidebar. There you will find prose, poetry, tips on writing the next bestseller, book reviews and more, whatever your taste may be. I promise you won't hurt my feelings. Just please come by to visit me now and again.

Here's Willie Nelson singing Hands on the Wheel at the end of a Fonda/Redford classic.


~ Olivia J. Herrell

9 comments:

A.T. Post said...

Sometimes a musical post is all we, the blogsphere, need. Someone's mood, context, situation, needs, wants, desires, dreams, sorrows, or griefs can be summed up with a tune. Thanks for this one.

Oh, and I know the Blogger's Block feeling. There's some stuff I need to write about, but apart from that...nothing worth mentioning. I should try writing shorter posts...

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Hello Postman, happy Sunday. How are things out your way? I must swing by your blog. It IS great to see you on Facebook, though.

Yes, I guess I know you're right. That must be why I resort to them so often. Nah. I do it because the music and lyrics inspire me. So I share. Thank you. You inspire me, too. Always have.

~ Olivia

Roland D. Yeomans said...

THE ELECTRIC HORSEMAN is one of my favorite movies. I love HANDS ON THE WHEEL by Willie Nelson, too.

Freud would say just write what is on your mind. It will tap the touchstone of someone's soul, for the internet is wide.

May your center always hold, Roland

Theresa Milstein said...

Sometimes I have a hard time deciding what to share and what to keep to myself. Good luck figuring it out. I'll visit!

Murr Brewster said...

You're in love? What's that like? (Consider this an official literary invitation to blather.)

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved the post, loved the video. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

Jean Michelle Miernik said...

I love it!

Strangely, whenever I get that feeling that what I want to post is irrelevant or oversharing, if I do end up publishing, it becomes one of my most popular posts. This is your blog. Say what you want! If people don't care, they don't have to read.

Ivy Bliss said...

Good on ya! Forget the haters and be yourself! Love you! :)

Fragrant Liar said...

I'm a fan of writing whatever the hell I want, and I try to minimize the self-censoring. Self-censuring is another matter entirely. I like it when other bloggers write true to their conscience. Or at least true to what jazzes them or makes them giggle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...