Monday, December 26, 2011

Looking Back to See Ahead

Staring up the barrel of 2012, I am faced once again with these eternal questions: Who am I? What do I want? And, is what am I doing propelling me toward it?
Wanna join me?
There are five days left in 2011, five days to look back and look ahead. Five days in which to decide how we will live our lives, making the most of 2012.
Join me, my friend. All it takes for this journey is willingness and honesty, guts and fortitude, all of which we have. In spades.  

~ Olivia J. Herrell
P.S. As I typed the last line, I heard, "Onward, soldiers, on." So I googled. And stumbled upon this delightful southern rock band from Wilmington, NC: Onward, Soldiers. Enjoy!



P.P.S. I also stumbled across this website offering classes for 2012, One Little Word. Ahh. Maybe my word for 2012 is 'onward'. Something to ponder, yes? Something to ponder, indeed. What would/will be your word?

3 comments:

February Grace said...

My word for 2012 has to be...courage.

Hoping 2012 is the best year yet for you, dear soul!

xoxo
bru

Jules said...

I'm with you, two heads or hearts is better than one. :) To the new, better year ahead.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Ahh. Bru and Jules, two of my favorite people. Bru, I like your word. Or 'grace'? I like that one, too. Jules, yes. And I've missed your heart and head around here. I'll be seeing more of both of you in 2012! Here's to the best EVER for all of us!

~ Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...