Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Awen Rising, Debuting August 1, 2019

My new, fabulous, eye-catching front cover by artist/author Lauren Willmore is nearly complete. And I found an editor, yeehaaa! I'll share more when they're done. But I wrote a blurb for the back cover and I am itching to share.

The first attempts were wooden, mostly facts, and after two author critiques, it's singing more. It is not done. I may throw it out and start over. But I've been researching 2019 SciFi Fantasy release blurbs and living within that for the last few days. My inner guidance led me here. To the big picture. The part that should trickle through in the book.

So here it is, dear readers. My rebel family. What better way to know if I've done a good job? If the blurb grabs your attention? Or if I'm blowing smoke?

BTW, it's too long for a cover by twenty-ish words, but fits nicely for an ebook.
Awen Rising, Available August 1, 2019
The druid queen watched from Maldek as two of the arriving planet-ships moved closer to Sol. The third carrying the Great Ones locked into orbit beside Maldek, along with a sphere transporting reptilian thugs. 
The queen looked on, helpless to stop the rogue sphere as it passed too close, sparking a massive explosion. Hosts to the Great Migration, the Maldekan humans became refugees themselves. Led by the queen, they fled to planet-ship Earth. So did the surviving reptiles. 
When war broke out, the Great Ones intervened. They divided their planet and imposed a memory veil to keep the humans and reptilians separate and apart. Eons later, the Great Ones have all but disappeared. The druids and their dragon keepers, gone and forgotten. 
In 1042CE, Awen, one of the few remaining druids, pierces the veil for a glimpse of a catastrophic future. Risking her life, she saves William of Normandy. The disaster is averted and the bloodline is assured, but with each new incarnation, the veil grows stronger. 
Now it’s 2042CE. Earth is besieged by storms and geologic events. The fight for the planet is about to begin. Aware of the danger, but not its origins, the druids prepare from their base in Atlanta. Only Emily is missing. And without Awen’s descendent, they don’t stand a chance.
So, what do you think? Unfortunately, my comment thingy may be broken. I'll check with you rebels on Facebook and Twitter. Deal? Deal. And by the way, if my Blogger comments DO happen to work, would you step out of your comfort zone and leave a comment so I know?

Thanks, darlin's!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré

P.S. For those who wondered, it's been a good day. HALLELUJAH! Since Bugsy's diagnosis, I've had a few not-so-good ones. Yesterday was the pits. I woke up sad. And depressed. And consumed by that feeling of impending doom every self-respecting 12-stepper understands. But I muscled through. Read Psalms 91. Put my head down, got some work done, made a couple calls. I made it through.

O.J. Barré is author of the upcoming Awen trilogy, an urban druid fantasy set in 2042 steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists. Book One, Awen Rising, will be released August 1, 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, is currently in edits. And the first draft of Book Three, Awen Tide, is in process.

6 comments:

Janet Grape said...

Good Stuff! Muscling through! Better stuff! Big Hugs!

TerraMar said...

I can’t wait to read it again.
"Thugs” seems a little too slang and makes the character of the paragraph too informal when the rest is informative.
Separate and apart seem the same to me.

Other then that, great recap!

I’m so proud of you. ❤️

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Janet, thank you! For your feedback AND for leaving it. Now I know my comments aren't broken. Thank you! OJ/Olivia

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Janine,

Thank you for your insight, neither of which I caught. Brava! I'm googling for a better word. Terror/terrorist may be the ticket. The word terror has a Latin origin from BC, which is post-division of Earth, but much earlier than thug which didn't originate until much later.

I'll work on both.

Thanks again. AND I can't wait for you to read the finished book, either!

Love you lady, OJ/Olivia

Family Matters in Islam said...

i am planning to start the best earth day quotes for all in my area. And i must say your article helped me a lot. Totally Loved your Blog. Keep up the good work.

Malvina said...

Greeat post thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...