Monday, January 7, 2019

Going Dark

Going dark tonight, dear rebels.

I took my Bugsy to the vet today and got bad news. Feline leukemia. And his pancreatic enzymes are eating his pancreas and liver, with some trickle over into the kidneys. Not good news at all.

Bugsy with Strawberry Juice on His Face

We have maybe a month. Maybe two or three.

Bugsy has been my rock. My person. A love of my life.

On the Porch Rail in Villa Rica
Soon, he'll be gone. And though I've known it was coming, I'm not ready to say goodbye. Not yet. I really, really need some more time with him, God. Please don't take him. Not yet.

But don't let him suffer, either.
Seriously, Mom?

Goodnight, dear ones. I'll be back as soon as I can pull it together. In the meantime, prayers and good thoughts are welcome.

If no one has told you they loved you today, let me be the first.

I love you, Olivia

P.S. Death. Talk about a negative, monumental, life-changing event.

O.J. Barré is author of the upcoming Awen trilogy, an urban druid fantasy set in 2042 steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists. Book One, Awen Rising, will be released October 1, 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, is currently in edits. And the first draft of Book Three, Awen Tide, is in process
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...