Sunday, May 19, 2019

Rainy Day in (Not) Georgia

Idaho Spring Rain with Fuschia
After a day-long break in which the sun glittered upon the unusually-green landscape of Southwest Idaho, the blessed rainy spell continues.

To celebrate, I've downloaded several copies of Blake Snyder's Save the Cat! Beat Sheet. My favorite is Jami Gold's Basic Beat Sheet due to its simplicity.

After saving it as my own Excel Worksheet, I quickly filled in the beat points for Awen Rising. I'd planned to do the same for Awen Storm and for the soon-to-be-completed Awen Tide, but though it's only lunchtime, I am apparently done. For the moment, anyway. And maybe for the day.

https://jamigold.com/basic
Instead, my muse wishes to curl up with a book. Or maybe restart the Lord of the Rings movies. It's been a while and I could use some Tolkien, even the Hollywood version.

Either way, I think I'll embrace the meaning of "a day off" and actually use it for that—A DAY OFF!

Wow. What a concept.

What are you doing on this fine Sunday, dear rebels? Whatever's on tap, I hope it feeds you, heart and soul.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

O.J. Barré is the author of the upcoming Awen series, a druid science fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) is scheduled to debut August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback format. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in 2021. And should there be a Book Four, expect to see it in 2022 or later as Awen Unleashed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...