Saturday, November 27, 2021

I Give Up

I give up.

It seems that no matter what I do or say, my ads don't work.

People don't click or buy my book/s, even when the deals are sweet.

So I give up.

No more ads.

No more social media.

No more schmoozing.

No more wondering why.

My books are well-written, well-researched, well-edited.

They get good reviews.

People tell me they love them.

And I do get a few sales here and there.

But not enough to warrant the massive amount of time (and money) I spend on marketing.

So I give up.

For the foreseeable future I shall focus on writing the next book/s.

Then revisit this marketing issue after the trilogy is complete.

After the prequel is complete.

Until then, you'll hear crickets instead of my voice.

If you want to hear me, please subscribe to my blog or my newsletter or both. I'm not abandoning those. I promise.

via GIPHY

Sayonara, Olivia/O. J.

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen Trilogy, a pre-apocalyptic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising, debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, is on preorder and will be released in 2022. All are (or will be) available in both paperback and ebook.

O. J.'s Awen Prequel novelette, The Druids of Marduk, Part I, is available as an ebook for purchase on Amazon (or free by signing up for her newsletter). The second installment, The Druids of Marduk, Part II: UnderEarth, is an ebook novella also available on Amazon. Part III: AboveEarth, is scheduled for a 2022 release.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...