Monday, April 3, 2023

Craft Fairs, Book Signings, and Other Fun Stuff

Good gosh, a'mighty! Three months? It's been three months since I last posted? Boy, did I miss a LOT!

In a nutshell:

  • I'm still alive;
  • I'm still writing Awen Tide and am very near THE END (for the whole trilogy, woohoo!);
  • Spring has sprung in most parts of the US. We're seeing signs and having some warmer days here in Cheyenne, Wyoming, but winter still has us in its grips. There's another storm rolling in, with, yes, another one-two punch. The first hits tonight, the second tomorrow, and we'll get somewhere between 3 to 12 inches of wet snow. Right now, our landscape is dead grass. By this time tomorrow, it'll likely be white again;
  • I signed a contract with the Authors in Grocery Stores Program. I will soon begin doing book signings at our local King Soopers in May, down in Aurora, CO, on the weekend of April 21-22, and later in May, down in Fort Collins, CO, then off and on through the rest of the year. I will post the dates/times in advance on Facebook and Instagram, so make sure you're following me there for the most up-to-date news;
  • This past Saturday, I did my first book sale/signing of the year at the Spring Business Fair at the Cheyenne Ice & Events Center. I felt like whale poo but managed to show up, and I'm so glad I did! I met lots of new people - other vendors, browsers, and readers with wide eyes that made a beeline for my table when they saw the book covers of Awen Rising and Awen Storm. It was so rewarding to see their excitement and to chat with them about the Awen Trilogy. Here's an after-show video if you're interested;
    @ojbarreauthor #Prequel ♬ original sound - Olivia
  • From now through the end of the year, I will be appearing at craft fairs at least once a month, mostly in Cheyenne. Barnes & Noble is reopening (supposedly this summer), and when they do, I plan to arrange a book signing there. Keep an eye on Facebook & Instagram;
  • I've yet to make plans, and it may not happen this year, but I want to book a trip to Atlanta and schedule book signings at the Villa Rica Library, hopefully in conjunction with the launch of Awen Tide and their Book Club Meeting, Underground Books in Carrollton, and a couple of other book stores in Atlanta and Decatur;
  • Hmm, what else? OH YEAH! My paperback books will soon be available at 307 Made, a store in downtown Cheyenne that carries crafts, artwork, oils, and many works made by local artisans. We'll also be doing a book signing there in the next few months. Again, keep an eye on my social media (FB & Insta) for the most current news.
As for recreation, I mostly stay home but do indulge occasionally:
  • I regularly visit the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens and Lions Park to get my nature fix. There's a small lake (Sloan Lake) and willows, firs, and pines where the crows congregate to sing a serenade. I posted a video to FB a week or so ago of me walking the labyrinth, though it cut off the ending;
  • We have one movie theatre in all of Cheyenne, but over the last few weeks, I have enjoyed Champions, 80 for Brady, Jesus Revolution, and most recently, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. If you're interested in my reviews, browse my Instagram or FB page;
  • Last week, the kids were on Spring Break, so we went down to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and the Planetarium for a fun day with the dinosaurs, rocks, gems, and outer space. Oh yes, they have much more than that, but we oldsters like to take longer to look at and admire the displays, so we went our separate ways.
Th-th-th-tha-tha-tha-that's all, folks! Hopefully, I'll be back here at least once a month. I'm sorry for the huge delay!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré.

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen Trilogy, a fun, fast, and epic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising, debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, will release in 2023. All are (or will be) available in both paperback and ebook, and the hardback versions will be available soon.

Free For Subscribers

O. J.'s Awen Prequel novelette, The Druids of Marduk, Part I, is also available as an ebook - for purchase on Amazon (or free by signing up for her newsletter). The second installment, The Druids of Marduk, Part II: UnderEarth, is an ebook novella on Amazon. Part III: AboveEarth, is scheduled for a 2023 release.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...