Thursday, August 3, 2017

Weekend Respite - Montana Bound

This morning we leave for Livingston, Montana, for the 2017 International Fly Fishing Fair. My brother-in-law, Don O, will be tying and dubbing flies and presenting his wacky denizens of the Bait's Motel.

2017 International Fly Fishing Fair
The man is a fly-tying genius.

I will be there to video and photograph Don in action, and to get us lined up for future events. My sister does everything else.

Sofie and Masie, their Shitzus, are traveling with us. Thank goodness for puppydog drools and sloppy kisses. And SUV's.

I'm looking forward to being in the mountains for a few days. Surrounded by green, green, green, green, GREEN. While the Treasure Valley, where I live in Idaho, is irrigated and lush, the surrounding area is not. Think tan. Beige. Ecru. Sere. Hot. Dry. Arid. Think high desert rimmed by boring, brown mountains.

While the temps in Boise are hitting triple digits, the highs in Livingston are topping in the 80's, dipping to the 40's at night. Ahhh, blessed relief.

So, yes. I'm excited. For the Fly Fishing Fair. To meet new people and see new sights. To be surrounded by trees and varying shades of green. To laze beside the Yellowstone River. To meander through the upper third of Yellowstone Park. To hang out with my sister, my bro-in-law, and the pups, poke around shops, listen to music, and have a relaxing few days away from work.

Yes, I will miss my Bugsy. But, he'll be waiting to greet me when I get home in a few days.

As will AWEN STORMS, Book Two of the trilogy.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell writing as O.J. Barré

O.J. Barré is author of the upcoming AWEN trilogy. Book One, AWEN RISING, is complete and in query. The first draft of Book Two, AWEN STORMS, is nearing completion, and Book Three, AWEN TIDE, is swirling in the mists of creation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...