Tuesday, May 4, 2010

51 Followers...But Who's Counting?

On May 1st, thanks to Lilah Pierce's Last Line Blogfest, my follower count clicked over to 50, then advanced to 51 on the 3rd or 4th. I am totally thrilled and delighted. And must subject you to my rebel yell.

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!

And, because I'm a country girl at heart, and in some circles that qualifies me as a Redneck Woman, I'll add a hearty HELL YEAH! for Grethen Wilson.



Thank you to everyone who read and commented on my Last Line submission, and to those who are now following my blog. I'm pretty sure I made it to all of your blogs, but if I missed you, please let me know so that I can stop by. And, to Terresa at The Chocolate Chip Waffle, I wanted to get a poem in to your contest, but I just ran out of time. I have my eye on those purdy bows, though, so I will definitely keep said eye out for the next one.

Something noteworthy happened to me over the weekend. Putting that little snippet from my manuscript out there for all of you to read, and sharing the first 10 pages with Postman, a trusted friend, was ginormous. I didn't get my nose lopped off or my heart broken either time, and now there's a bonfire under my behind.

It's time for me to put up or shut up. I made the commitment to a few people back in January that when I reached 50 followers I would start shopping articles for publication. That was either my lazy way of procrastinating, or my self-care way of garnering enough confidence in my writing abilities to get the hutzpah to get out there and do it.

Whatever the case may be, it's time. And, oh yeah. I finally got the courage to make my main character suffer, and that was a long time coming.

Thanks, y'all!

That Rebel, Olivia Herrell

P.S. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

5 comments:

A.T. Post said...

Congratulations on two writing milestones! Shopping, and killing your darlings. Excellent work, progress is marvelous, isn't it?

Heard "Redneck Woman" in the boss's rental car the other day. He'd left it on the country station. I kind of liked it. Good lyrics.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Haha! I was leaving a comment on your latest at the same time you were over here. I like when that happens. BTW, I'm going back in to my post and putting a link over to you, I noticed I left that out by error. So ya know.

Also, it occurred to me while reading your post that everything we need to know about everything related to writing and publishing is out there, in a blog somewhere, and that if we keep circling out and reading other blogs, we'll stumble across it all rather painlessly. As always, thanks for stopping by. And, glad you liked Gretchen, she's a kick. But be careful, country music grows on you. :)

Elana Johnson said...

I'm so glad you've moved on to torture. And dude, I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo! Woot!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Elana, wow, thanks for stopping by, I'm honored!! Hope you got a wee Cinco celebration in, I'm off to go twist the torture knife!

~ Olivia

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...