Monday, September 12, 2011

Happiness is a Warm Gun, On Perspective

"There is a little thing called perception that warps the way we see and hear things." ~ Dr. O

For decades, I have heard, "happiness is a warm gun," in the middle of a Led Zeppelin love song. Each time I hear the song, it jars me enough to elicit a faint smirk. Because I know I am putting words in to Robert Plant's mouth, but more because of what those particular words said about me.

Not long after JP and I began dating and he knew I was 'the One',  he shared lyrics that described how he felt:

"If the sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you.
When the mountains crumble to the sea
There will still be you and me."

Melt me? You better believe it. And it just keeps getting better every day.

Not long ago, he sent me a link to the song, entitled "Thank You". Imagine my surprise when I heard the familiar strains. Holding my breath, I waited to hear "happiness is a warm gun".

What I heard, instead, when I closed my eyes, was the haunting and lyrical declaration of a love that is timeless and forever.

And the line? "Happiness! No more be sad."

Yeah. Really.

What a difference a little perspective makes.



Thank you, JP. Life looks brighter through the lens of love.

Happiness, I am glad! ~ Olivia J. Herrell

4 comments:

A.T. Post said...

That sure is a melty song. Just goes to show how marvelous the man is who'll sing it to you.

anthony stemke said...

I cannot watch the video but I am familiar with the song, but not by led zep. I know it from the Beatles "White Album" .
For some of the most "romantic" music, you can't go wrong with the music sold at Victoria's Secret stores. I first heard my niece listening years ago and recently found two cassettes at a garage sale.

Unknown said...

That is a great lyric - very sweet.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Postman, YES!

Anthony, that's right! I thought I knew this some from somewhere else, thank you! You're right about VS's love CD's. I discovered Andrea Boccelli through a CD I bought there. It's still one of my favorites!

Elaine, so glad you stopped by. Thank you!

~ Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...