Friday, May 17, 2013

A Night of Snipping, Hacking and Honing


Hallelujah, I got some writing in. Finally! And now, because it's 1:30 in the morning and I'm in the mood to share: a snippet. Just because.

"The temperature had plummeted, carried on a north wind that beat against the house and whined of snow, waking Emily from a fitful sleep. She blinked in the dark, curled in a tight ball on the wrong side of bed. Beside her Ralph and Hope slept back-to-back, taking up three-quarters of the available space and keeping her warm.

Wiggling to claim enough room to lie on her back, she reckoned it was a fitting end to the interminable night. She had slept without peace, visited in dreams by a bear, then a stag and a parade of other animals she was supposed to remember, but couldn't."

A large chunk of the 'bridge' is now written and I have two more Blessed days left in which to write, write, write. I pray the winds of creativity, inspiration and motivation continue to blow. Upon me.

And you. Should you so desire.

~ Olivia J. Herrell

4 comments:

A.T. Post said...

We are simpatico, my friend. I love reading your writing posts, because they...well, they just click with me. I know just how you feel snipping, hacking, and building bridges. It's marvelous, ain't it? Euphoric. Progress, that's the bottom line. Movement toward catharsis, the end of gestation.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Euphoric, yes. Marvelous, yes! And not much like it. I'm so glad you stopped by to read it! Isn't it great that no matter where in the world we are, we still connect? Words. The common denominator.

"Movement toward catharsis, the end of gestation." Your description is pure genius. Pregnancy. Birth. Preparing our babies to be seen in public. Hoping they not only fly, but sail to #1. Yeah.

~ Olivia

Eric W. Trant said...

I love that your character reckoned.

Not enough of that these days, if you ask me.

- Eric

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...