Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Hello December

I finished my writing for the day, and thought I'd stick my head in to say hi.

HI.

Today is the 12th of December. Only 13 more days until Christmas.

I'm looking forward to it. Not because of the presents - there won't be many this year. I pretty much have everything I need.

Oh, I could use a new car. But that's a bit over Santa's budget. This year.


I do hope to have a white Christmas. Not like last year's massive inundation. Just a nice, thick, heavy snowfall that hangs around a few days, then melts and becomes groundwater.

They're predicting snow flurries for this evening, and tonight.

Snow flurries, I say.

This time last year, I was holed up in my townhouse, surrounded by several feet of cold, white stuff that never melted until February.

Today, once again, I am holed up beside a warm fire, laptop in hand. Adding words and scenes to AWEN STORM. The word count passed 98K today. Dear rebels, she is progressing, and will soon be done.

The first draft, at least.

Hopefully, in time for Christmas. A white Christmas, if we're lucky.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell writing as O.J. Barré

O.J. Barré is author of the upcoming AWEN trilogy, a rollicking fantasy set in 2042AD, that combines ancient, current, and future history. Book One, AWEN RISING, is complete and in query. The first draft of Book Two, AWEN STORM, is nearing completion, and Book Three, AWEN TIDE, is swirling in the mists of creation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...