Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Nothing But the Formatting












Awen Rising's edits are done. Which means, drum roll please:




She's ready for publication. Yeehaa!

There was a timeline issue I had created last round, by staying up too late working on a scene I added last-minute. But that is corrected, as are the other few edits Charlie left for me.

Since early yesterday afternoon, when I clicked "Accept All Changes", and my MS Word file magically transformed into its final form, I've been trying to figure out how I feel. You know, now that this major hurdle is cleared.

To be honest, I feel pretty much the same as I did before. Which I find weird.

Only, HOLY MOLY! Awen Rising is ready. That includes ALL EDITS, my bio, acknowledgments, back cover blurb, and front cover artwork.

So. What's left is:

A) Formatting the interior, in which my 409 double-spaced pages will become 300ish single-spaced. Or less. And that includes:
  1. Designing the two title pages; one with the yet-to-be-purchased *gulp* ISBN (with a hefty $250ish price tag);
  2. Purchasing said ISBN;
  3. Adding the dedication page, the acknowledgments page, and whatever other page (if any) needs to precede the story;
  4. Adding my author bio with website to the end;
  5. *gulp* CREATING said website;
  6. And very likely adding a teaser from Book Two, Awen Storm, after THE END.
B) Formatting/creating the back cover and tweaking the front cover tagline, which Lauren, my designer, will be doing in the next few days;

And,

C) WHOA! CAN IT BE? I don't think there IS a C!!

So that's all, folks. Awen Rising and Author O.J. Barré will be debuting a month EARLY! On, or about, my birthday, June 30, 2019! (Except that's a Sunday, so probably that Tuesday, July 2nd.)

Thank you to each and every one of you for your support along the way. I couldn't have done it without you.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

O.J. Barré is the author of the upcoming Awen series, a druid science fantasy romance set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) is scheduled to debut August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback format. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in 2021. And should there be a Book Four, expect to see it in 2022 or later, as Awen Unleashed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...