Thursday, October 31, 2019

October Bits and Bites

Where in the world has October gone? I have so much to tell, yet little time to do so.

In a nutshell:

The Georgia book signings went fabulously! They were well-attended, especially Saturday's. We sold all the paperback copies of Awen Rising, met new readers, and I even did a reading of the storm scene. Fun stuff!

Back in Idaho, I suffered the post-"vacation" blues, and have gotten very little writing done—including the pile of thank-you cards still waiting to be written and mailed.

But I am close to 40 percent done with the last read-through/edits of Awen Storm (Book 2 of the Awen Trilogy) and will be sending it out to beta readers within a week. At this point, I have three or four betas, but could use that many more again. If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible. Several of the previous betas will be entrenched in NaNoWriMo and unavailable to read until December.

Speaking of NaNo, I have decided to participate again this year, though many of you have heard me (more than once) say I'll NEVER DO NANO AGAIN. Well, guess what? I get to eat a word sandwich. Why? Because I need the motivation and discipline to get my butt back in the chair and be productive.

Lastly, I just entered Awen Rising into my first-ever Book Award contests. Two to be exact. The Indie Diamond Book Awards and Best Indie Book Awards. If you're the praying sort, would you please pray for Awen Rising to be read, loved, and recognized by winning these contests and receiving these awards? Most coveted: the Diamond Debut Award.

To those who celebrate Halloween, today is that day! If, on the other hand, you celebrate Samhain, today is ALSO that day. In fact, Halloween originated as the Samhain festival celebrated by the druids and many others.

Happy Day!

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

GIVEAWAY CONTEST IS COMING! To stay abreast of O.J.'s latest and be eligible for upcoming giveaways of free books, gift certificates, etc, subscribe to Muse & News, a monthly (or so) "news"letter.

O.J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a druid urban fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) debuted August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for release May 1, 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives May 1, 2021.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...