Thursday, April 2, 2020

New Look, New Outlook

Did ya notice we got a new look? With Awen Rising's updated cover design, the colors were starting to clash. We'll be sporting purples and blues for a while. What do you think?

I kinda like it.


How are you doing with the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic? I can tell you it has scared the living daylights out of me. I'm finding it difficult to concentrate, except on the one day when I remembered NOT to watch, listen, or see the news - and to not talk to others about "it".

Tomorrow I'm determined to do that again. I won't look at my email or Facebook or Twitter until the end of the day when I'm happily patting myself on the back for all the work I've gotten done.

One can hope.

By the way, I am still working. As I told you before, I've cut back to 2 to 3 half days a week. Now the patient visits are slowing down, but we'll stay open for chiropractic "emergencies".

Today is Day 8 for Idaho's Stay-Home Order. I've left the house four times. Twice to work. Once to buy groceries. And, yes, I admit it - once for a Freddy's burger. I've made some progress on Awen Storm. But not as much as I would like - or had time for.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow...

The new cover for Awen Rising's paperback is almost complete. We should nail it down in the next couple of days, then I'll upload it to Amazon and call 'er good. THEN we'll tackle the cover for Awen Storm.

OH, I almost forgot. In light of the current world situation, I've marked the price of Awen Rising's ebook to $2.99 (regular $4.99). I plan to keep it there for the entire month of April and possibly longer.

Hey! At that price, Awen Rising would make a great inexpensive gift for friends and family members stuck at home. And all for the price of a coffee. I believe the UK price is 1.99EU.

Stay home, stay healthy, and be safe.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a druid sci-fi fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) debuted July 27, 2019, in both ebook and paperback. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for release May 1, 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives May 1, 2021.

O. J. Barré has also penned numerous articles over the last ten years that can be accessed through the blog on this site.

2 comments:

Janet Grape said...

Hunkering down here in Georgia. Yuck, between the yellow dusting of euwwy, and figuring out how to live without the luxury of doing as we please. Really looking forward to the next Awen Storm book! May needs to hurry itself along, for so many reasons, not the least your number two, debut!

O. J. Barré said...

Yeah, we're hunkering down in Idaho, too. I'm trying to use the extra time at home (working 3 half days instead of 4) to get Awen Storm out. I also enrolled in a Self Publishing course. First lesson homework: website. Which is what made me realize this one needed updating. And while I'm looking forward to getting Awen Storm out and moving on to Awen Tide, I need every single minute between now and then to get everything done.

Luxuriate in being able to do as you please. I love that. I recently noticed that I am much more "in the moment" than I've been in a long while. And I've so needed that.

Thank you, Janet! Stay healthy and safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...