Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Word Hippo App

 Hello and Hi-De-Ho! Where does the time go?

It's been three months since I've stopped peddling long enough to catch up with you. Please accept my apologies. It's not that I haven't thought about you—I have. I even began several posts and wrote most of one on melancholy. But as you have personally witnessed, none of these have seen the light of day.

Yet.

Today, I want to share a writing hack. One I recently discovered, though based on the extensive database, I'm guessing it has been around for a while.

Until recently, I used Thesaurus dot com to find synonyms—that perfect word that means exactly what it is that you want to say. Since I write in MS Word, I first try its limited synonym function. But as it is very limited, I frequently resorted to Thesaurus dot com.

Not anymore.

My new go-to tool for finding the perfect word is Word Hippo. Yep. WordHippo dot com.

Not only can you search on single words, to which Thesaurus dot com is dedicated, you can also search on PHRASES! Be still my heart. That sealed it for me. And not only that, but Word Hippo gives strings of synonyms for every usage of the word whether as a noun, verb, adjective, or adverb. It also gives antonyms, definitions, rhymes, sentences, translations, pronunciations, etc!

So next time you're stuck for the right word or phrase, check it out. You won't be disappointed. And you too may find your new favorite app.

As for the Awen Universe, I'll be back in a few days to give you an update. Keep an eye out!

That's all, y'all. Don't forget to check out WordHippo dot com. And be on the lookout for that writing update which is set to publish on Friday, December 11. Don't miss it. There's new stuff a-coming! But to be the first to get it (and for free!) you have to be a newsletter subscriber. If you're not already subscribed, you can sign up for Muse & News here.

Have a safe and happy (Covid-free) holiday. Stay well and be safe!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, an urban fantasy/alien invasion set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives Summer 2021.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...