PORTLAND, OREGON (June 30, 2010) In the spirit of discovering new talent as well as supporting established authors and the bookstores who support them, Tin House Books will accept unsolicited manuscripts dated between August 1 and November 30, 2010, as long as each submission is accompanid by a receipt for a book from a bookstore. Tin House magazine will require the same for unsolicited submissions sent between September 1 and December 30, 2010.Suzie at ~Writer Junkie~ to reveal the contents of my - UGH- purse.
Which is utterly unfair, 'cause, you know, if I was a DUDE I'd never be asked to perform this oh-so embarassing act.
Hey, ever thought about that word? Embarrassing? Ever take it apart? Em-bare-ass-ing. Fits, huh?
Okay, under protest, I'll do it. But only because I love you, Suzie. And then only because you (and several of my other Blogger heroines) preceded me in performing this dastardly deed.
First, thank you to my sister-in-law, Carolyn, who gave me this Kathy Van Zeeland bag for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE Kathy bags because they're fun and funky colors AND they have lots of pockets.
As for the contents, here goes:
1) wallet, no I will NOT reveal its contents. But you can guess if you want to;
2) cell phone/home phone/business phone which is also my phone book, my alarm clock and my calculator;
4) various and sundry business cards for people who have not made it in to my cell phone/phone book;
5) my Sony Super Steady Shot digital camera and Tamrac case (with extra battery). This goes everywhere with me;
6) a postal receipt for stamps;
7) a bottle of HCL for digestion and, HEY, that is definitely tmi;
8) three (count 'em) checkbooks, two personal, one business;
9) Doctor's brushpicks (again, tmi!);
10) three pens;
11) two lipsticks, one lip gloss and one spf 15 sunscreen, and no I DON'T wear them all at the same time. Except maybe the lip gloss;
12) sunglasses, again, ALWAYS with me;
13) my 'cheaters', 1.50 reading glasses;
14) car/house keys; and
15) a key (that doesn't work) to a meeting hall.
Over to the side is a composition book that is too large to fit. But it also goes everywhere with me. It's my 'memory in a binder' cum 'idea catcher' thingy.
OK, folks, that's all. I'm done baring me arse. And my purse. What we won't do in pursuit of the arts!
BUT WAIT, I'm supposed to tag two other
Mary, Giggles and Guns; and
Jules, Trying to Get Over the Rainbow
P.S. If you guys have already been tagged, you don't have to reveal again. Just pass on the tag to some other