Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alyson Noel Signs 7-Figure Deal For New Series

!Here's one for our vision boards!

According to the Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy on July 26th, "Immortals author Alyson Noël Signs 7-Figure Deal For New Series". Yes, angels, you read that right. Seven figures. A MULTImillion dollar advance. Woohoo! Go Alyson, Go Alyson! The following paragraph is taken directly from the article by Gina Bernal and will link you over to it:
Alyson Noël, author of the internationally bestselling Immortals series, has signed a new four-book contract with St. Martin’s Griffin imprint, brokered by Bill Contardi of Brandt & Hochman Literary Agents. A spokesperson for the author shared the details of the deal exclusively with Speakeasy, saying Noël will receive a “healthy seven-figures with additional performance bonuses that could double that.”

How about that! Click on over to read the whole article. Sounds like a great premise for the series, too.

Way to go, Alyson! We're happy-dancing for you!

This is a video of Barenaked Ladies performing "If I Had a Million Dollars". It was not the best vid of these zany dudes on youtube.com, sound quality-wise, but LOOK! They're performing live at Chapters Bookstore in Langley, BC, with the Bestsellers marquis right behind them! Woohoo! What will YOU do when you get YOUR multimillion dollar advance?? I think I would pay for all my blogger friends to have a get-together somewhere. Oh. And buy me some love, lol! Hey, I know. We'll get BNL's to play for us! :D

Psssssst, There is a message for you at the end of the post, underneath the Million Dollar video. Check it out while you're listening. :D


OMG, I have to share! Would you go over and read my new profile information? You've heard me talk about my current wip, but here's the reveal for my second one! What do you think?? I really, really want to know. :D

~That Rebel, Olivia

9 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I see 7 figures in your future, Olivia with that 2nd novel. It sounds quite intriguing.

Hope that your tomorrow holds only happy surprises, Roland

The Words Crafter said...

Yep, that second book sounds pretty interesting. And I didn't know anyone got deals like that anymore. Sweet!

Jules said...

Oh if dreams really did come true, :)
I like the new profile. I'm hiding in here cheering you on. YOU GO GIRL!

Jemi Fraser said...

Love the sound of your 2nd book - I bet it'll be a fun story! :)

Love the BareNaked Ladies - they're awesome!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Roland, isn't it great to see that it's possible? Yeah. It is. :D

Words Crafter, I know, huh!

Jules, dreams DO come true. I believe. Thank you, I'm cheering you on too!

Jemi, I love them, too. Have you ever seen them live? They're a hoot!

~Olivia

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

SEVEN FIGURES! Who knew they did that any more (or ever!)

That second wip will be something else.
What a great idea. Are you done yet? I want to read it.

PS -- Thanks for the great words of encouragement. They're helping me see from a different angle.

Terry Stonecrop said...

Yup, that's my plan, a seven figure deal:D Ha!

Love the sound of the new novel too. The profile is well written. You go, girl!

Yeah, we'd have to party!

Eric W. Trant said...

Good for her! She's a millionaire!

Me, I just hope to one day to be a thousandaire.

Right now, I'm just an "aire."

- Eric

dolorah said...

A southern fantasy? Hmm, could be a million dollar baby. Why not?

I'd settle for anything right now, just to see at least one of my novels published :)

........dhole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...