Friday, January 22, 2010

Ice Age 3, Coming At Ya...

This morning, after another difficult night, I lay in bed, unable to go back to sleep due to the deafening roar of the song "Alone Again, Naturally" playing over and over and over in my head.

Does it fit the moment? Not really.

But something in me believes so. Always believes so.

I realized somewhere along the line that no matter what I'm doing, or where I am, or who I'm with, I am always, ultimately, alone. So I lay there, in an uncomfortable bed, trying to replace Gilbert O' Sullivan's plaintive voice with Om Namah Shivaya, the Lord's Prayers, anything...but noooo...he kept crooning,

"...But as if to knock me down
Reality came around
And without so much, as a mere touch
Cut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubt
Talk about God and His mercy
Or if He really does exist
Why did He desert me in my hour of need
I truly am indeed Alone again, naturally

It seems to me that there are more hearts
broken in the world that can’t be mended
Left unattended
What do we do? What do we do?

Alone again, naturally..."


AHA! No wonder! In googling the lyrics for the song, what pops up? The Ice Age 3 version. We watched it last night and that must've been the last thing I heard before going to bed. So, my psyche latched on to torture me with it, as it is so wont to do at times.

Gotta love it...

"i shouldn't be hangin' round,
when the world's turned upside down,
you abandoned me, i fell off the tree,

to the hard and lonely ground
you've found somebody new,

and cracked my shell in two,
how could i foresee?

you'd turn out to be, such a buck toothed casanova...
now there's only strife and my life has lost all meaning...
how i miss your furry lips, your shallow, rapid breathing...
i wish you only knew...

that I'm only nuts for you!!!
 

alone again...naturally...."

I reckon if we truly are alone, it's better to have a sense of humor about it.


Alone Again, Naturally...Ice Age 3 Version

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...