Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Finds

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Friday Graphics


Mmm, real German chocolate and The Pasta Detectives. Alison Stevens at Wistful Wanderings is having a contest that ends on September 1. Go ahead, you know you want that chocolate to support a fellow blogger!

Save the Words is a fun site shared by Anastasia at Lobotomy of a Writer. I adopted four words which are included in this sentence: My grandma, the airgonaut, was barred from the ten-cent store by its pugnastic proprietor who took exception to her graocracy. Haha. Go adopt your own words and save the English language.

Today is the last day to enter Christine H.'s (The Writer's Hole) 100 follower contest. Click on over.

John Smith is doing his Follow Friday. Click on over and follow him, he'll follow you back. If you're not already, that is.

Don't forget to click over to Dawn Embers' blog to read the Word Paint Blogfest entries.

And, OMG, you HAVE to click over and read Postman's post today and listen to Beethovan's Fourth. I had tears streaming down my cheeks. Literally. I urged him to enter it in Dawn's blogfest. I hope he does.

And, last, but not least, Chuck Sambuchino shared that WritersMarket.com now has great rates on a one or two-year subscription. Hurry, the offer ends on August 31st.

Okay, my morning is gone so that's all angels!

I hope you have fun with these, Olivia J. Herrell

P.S. I'm leaving for Jimmy Buffet Land (Florida) in the morning. I'm taking ye old laptop but won't know the internet 411 till I get to New Smyrna Beach. Enjoy the weekend!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy the trip. Happy travels :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks for the links :)

Hope your trip is safe and fun-filled!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Thanks, Elaine, have a great weekend!

Jemi, you're welcome and thank you, hope you have a super weekend!

~Olivia

Raquel Byrnes said...

How nice of you to post all of those great opportunities. I read all of the Word Paint entries and they are great!Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Edge of Your Seat Romance

Terry Stonecrop said...

Have a great trip and thanks for all the links!

Waving to you from South Florida. Hope you get to check out St. Augustine, while you're up there. Pretty place.

John Smith said...

Thanks for the links!

The Words Crafter said...

I hope you have a great time and I'm checking out the links, thanks for them!

Jules said...

I'll check them out. I've been where you are going, watch for sharks! Have a good, fun time and come back with some juicy stories. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

A.T. Post said...

Awww, thank you for the link love! I'm off to check those out. I'll see about that contest over at Dawn Embers's place. I've been told I paint rather well with words...glad there's someone else who thinks so. I appreciate the encouragement immensely, friend. Have a blast at the beach.


Ahhh, Jimmy Buffett...

Arlee Bird said...

Thanks for introducing me to some new blogs.

Have a good time!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Raquel, my friend Postman entered late. Run back by there and read his entry if you get a chance! And thanks!

Terry, don't know if I'll make it through St. Augustine but I'll be close. I'll wave, too! I'm praying for beautiful weather and that Danielle swings north and misses us!

John, you're welcome!

Words Crafter, you are so welcome and thank you!

Jules, I will, I will, I will! :)

Postman, my pleasure! I'm so glad you decided to enter. You are a splendiforous word painter. (Hope I spelled that right, I don't have time to look it up! :) I didn't sleep much last night, kept waking up with Jimmy Buffet in my head! :)

Lee, you are welcome my friend and thank you!

And now, I'm buttoning up my laptop and heading for the beach! Have a great weekend and week!

~Olivia

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and thanks for all the links:)

Alison Pearce Stevens said...

Thanks for mentioning my contest and for the other great links, as well.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sangu Mandanna said...

These are great links, Olivia, thanks for pointing them out!
I see you're doing the Summer Reading Challenge too! Yay! Are you enjoying your books?

Anastasia V. Pergakis said...

Wow Olivia! You even used those words in a sentence! I'm very impressed. Thanks for the link back!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Thanks for the links :)
(I love chocolate -- woo)

Lyn
W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...