Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm Baaack

Yes. That's right. I couldn't stand it any longer. I missed you guys. It's lonely over in Wordpress Land. So starting tonight, oh wait, it's tomorrow. Starting now, I'm back.

First, a little update on Blessed Are The Peace Makers, which will heretoafterevermore be referred to as Peace Makers. The current word count is 86K. The heroine and critical players are in place for the final scene which is taking place at Zoo Atlanta.

NaNoWriMo was the impetus that got me here. I will admit I took a nine day break. Yep. The first nine days of December I did other stuff. But it paid off. In inspiration, motivation and every otheration.

I had several giggling, laughing episodes this evening. It is heady stuff being so close to the end of a manuscript. One that's three years in the making. In February 2010 the first seed idea presented itself. I was in the middle of another novel, a chic lit that was a lot of fun writing.

I scribbled the idea down and went on. But others bombarded me and I was getting nada for my chic lit. So I shelved it and started Peace Makers.

It has been a fabulous journey. The Dead just sprang to mind. What a long, strange trip it's been. Looking back, I smile. And laugh the laugh of delight. All the research. All the new horizons. All the words, characters and chapters. And all the ones to come. I've found my place. I've found my home. I am a writer. And my book is almost done.

I send a heartfelt thank you out to each and every one of you. I began this journey with you. And even when I jumped ship to Wordpress you supported me on Facebook, or silently on your own, wherever you were in your own life.

It feels only fitting that I end it with you, too.

Thank you all so very much.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J Herrell

1 comment:

Yvonne Osborne said...

Hi Olivia!
Nice to see you and your lovely cover photo again. I understand your excitment with a novel in progress nearing the end, when you know how it's going to end. (I never do when I first start. I'm not an outliner.) You are in good shape with your word count. So you'll end up under 100,000. Not too long, not too short. Congrats!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...