Wednesday, January 2, 2019

3000 Questions - Have You Googled Yourself?

My New Year's day was fantastic! How was yours? The energy shifted, can you feel it? There is a landslide of momentum and I'm riding it, baby. Here goes!

It's time to begin 3000 Questions About Me. I'm picking them at random from the book of the same name, and will answer them here. If you'd like (and I hope you do), you can share your own answers in the comments section at the end of the post.

My plan is to tackle a couple each day. Here are the first two, neither of which are extremely personal. But there are plenty of those to come.

Question #1038: Have you ever googled yourself or a family member?

Yes and yes, though not lately. In the past, I've mostly encountered references to my chiropractic practices, including crap that's been out there since 1999. There is waaay too much out-of-date junk on the net.

Years ago, I lost track of my ex-husband. By googling, I found that he'd been diagnosed with Parkinson's, but no contact information. I have no idea what Mike's up to these days, or if he's alive. I'm a bit afraid to google, but maybe I should.


via GIPHY

I have also googled prospective dates to make sure they're real people (i.e. not using an alias, etc). The last was one I met when new to Twitter. His profile said he was a doctor doing a stint in Afghanistan. He followed me, then struck up a conversation via direct message. One day in, he told me he loved me.

HUH?? You don't even KNOW me, dude. How could you possibly LOVE me? On googling him, I found absolutely nada. Not one darn thing, other than his Twitter profile. Then the scam came. He told me he couldn't get his money out of Afghanistan and needed to send it to someone independent. Someone with a bank account.

UH. NO. Just, no. I blocked and reported him to Twitter and am the wiser for the exchange. Now when those scammer-types follow me, I ignore them.

How about you? Have you ever googled yourself or a family member? Do you have a story similar to mine? We'd love to hear about it. It could help others in the same situation.

Question #1041: How many times a day do you check Facebook?

Once or twice, though there was a time when I was off and on Facebook all day. There was also a year or two (or three) when I only checked it once a week, or once a month, or never. Facebook is no longer my go-to social fix. Instead I use Twitter, and mostly follow writers and other creative types.


via GIPHY

How many times a day do YOU check Facebook? Please leave your answers in the comments below. And don't forget to check back tomorrow to play another round of 3000 Questions About Me.

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré

O.J. Barré is author of the upcoming Awen trilogy, an urban druid fantasy set in 2042 steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists. Book One, Awen Rising, will be released October 1, 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, is currently in edits. And the first draft of Book Three, Awen Tide, is in process.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...