Sunday, March 1, 2020

Awen Storm - Back Cover Blurb - Version One, Two, or Three?

The back cover blurb for Awen Storm is almost ready. Unless, that is, I toss it and start over.

Which do you like better? Version #1, #2, or #3?


VERSION #1:

For Emily Hester and the Druids of the Awen Order, Urban Fantasy goes Island and Underground.

In UnderEarth, Shibboleth the Draconian Warlord seizes command of the Reptilian army. Magma burns through the city of Agartha, threatening their base and chute system. Yet the ruthless alien will turn the clock forward on Nergal's plan to dominate humanity and overtake Earth.

Worse, the memory veil that plagues humankind has infected the Dragon Keepers. Their headquarters in Wales is deserted. The other dragons are missing. And the borders between humans and reptiles are vulnerable to attack.

As the planet hurtles toward a war to end all, Emily Hester is separated from her druid priest and love-interest Lugh MacBrayer and his nephew Brian. They must each face monsters—not only from their present—but from the 
future and past.

Will the druid companions triumph over this newest series of disasters? Or will the monsters arise to challenge their world?


VERSION #2:

For Emily Hester and the Druids of the Awen Order, Urban Fantasy goes Island and Underground.

The memory veil that plagues humankind has infected the Dragon Keepers. Their headquarters in Wales is deserted. The other dragons are missing. And the borders between humans and reptiles are vulnerable to attack.

In UnderEarth, Shibboleth the Draconian Warlord seizes command of the Reptilian army. Magma burns through the city of Agartha, threatening their base and chute system. Yet the ruthless alien will turn the clock forward on Nergal's plan to dominate humanity and overtake Earth.

As the planet hurtles toward a war to end all, Emily Hester is separated from her druid priest and love-interest Lugh MacBrayer and his nephew Brian. They must each face monsters—not only from their present—but from the 
future and past.

Will the druid companions triumph over this newest series of disasters? Or will the monsters arise to challenge their world?



VERSION #3:

For Emily Hester and the Druids of the Awen Order
Urban Fantasy Goes Island and Underground.

As the planet hurtles toward a war to end all, Emily has her own problems. She's stuck on a peak in the middle of Zoo Atlanta, a dragon is breathing down her neck, and Lugh MacBrayer and his nephew Brian are in danger's path.

In UnderEarth, Shibboleth seizes command of the Reptilian army and Nergal's technology. While magma rages through the city of Agartha threatening the base and chute system, rebels roam free. But his plan to dominate humanity and overtake Earth must go on as planned.

Even worse, the memory veil that plagues humankind has infected the Dragon Keepers. Their headquarters is deserted. The other dragons are missing. And the borders between humans and reptiles are vulnerable to attack.

Will Emily and her druid companions survive this latest challenge?
Or will the reptilians rise to challenge their world?


Sooo, what do YOU think? Should we use #1? Or #2? Or, neither? Please let us know in the comments below.


~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O. J. Barré

P.S. In order to rebrand the Awen trilogy, we are reworking the cover for Awen Rising before creating the one for Awen Storm. The new covers will reveal at first glance that the novels are Adult Urban Fantasy (meaning they contain sex and language).


P.P.S. The new cover for Awen Rising will be revealed as soon as possible. THEN Awen Storm's cover will be created and revealed.


P.P.S.S. Awen Storm's tagline?  "The call will soon be answered..."



O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a druid urban fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) debuted July 27, 2019, in both ebook and paperback. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for release May 1, 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives May 1, 2021.

16 comments:

Janet Grape said...

I vote #2! Hoping you don't ask why..I just do! ;-)

O. J. Barré said...

LOL, excellent, Janet! I just posted a 3rd option recommended by my writing partner. Could you take a look at that?

Thank you, Olivia/O.J.

TerraMar said...

I like three best. I’m almost done with the beta and really loving it!

Janet Grape said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Grape said...

Okay, O.J...I like this new version. #3 it is! You are such an amazing writer! I would (and do) recommend your book to..(appendicitis and all,) to each person I get into discussions about books with. Such a fun read! So much of Atlanta, folklore, and frolicking adventure! Who is winning this mind boggling battle? I know who I'm rooting for!

O. J. Barré said...

Thank you, Janine! I'm waffling. :D I sent you a message on Facebook. I want to make sure your beta copy has the latest ending. If not, let me know and I'll get it to you!

O. J. Barré said...

Janet, thank you for coming back after I added the third option. And THANK YOU for letting everyone know about my book. YOU ROCK! How are you sans the appendix?

Kerri said...

I like #3. Looks & sounds awesome. Need to get a copy of the 1st one. So excited for you!

Tim said...

3 slightly better than 2 but near the point of a difference without a distinction.

dlkibbe said...

3... Mentioning the humans first appeals to my reader brain

O. J. Barré said...

Hi Kerri, thank you for letting me know! Here's a link for Awen Rising, in case you need one: mybook.to/AwenRisingWS

O. J. Barré said...

Hi, Tim. I totally agree. Not a ton of difference in wording, more in the placement of the paragraphs. Thank you for letting me know!

O. J. Barré said...

Debbie, yes!! That's what Debra said and I think I agree. :D

Andrea Charles said...

I liked the third version best. There is a clarity in the excerpt. As a reader I always look for the protagonist description rather than the plot and I believe the third version serves the purpose well. I think the book is going to be an exciting read. So I am rushing to buy the first one of the trilogy.

O. J. Barré said...

Hi Andrea, I am leaning toward the 3rd version as well. Thank you for stopping by and for commenting. Your observation is greatly appreciated!

Have a wonderful weekend, O.J./Olivia

VasanthMusicCoimbatore said...

Thanks for the detailed review about the various versions of the book Awen Storm. It seems that the author loves to write fiction based stories. I must complete the three versions of this very soon when I get some free time at the Music institute in Coimbatore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...