Friday, February 19, 2021

The Druids of Marduk, an Awen Prequel

Good news, y'all! The first part of the Awen prequel, The Druids of Marduk, Part I, is complete and will soon be live on Amazon. You may remember me talking about it a couple of months ago, only now it has a new name and a gorgeous cover by 100 Covers. We're still tweaking it a bit, but this is my favorite version so far.

My mailing list subscribers have already received an advance copy. If you would like to read a fast paced sci-fi fantasy adventure, you can request a copy too. Just sign up here. Or on the column to your right. All you need is an eReader.

If you don't have one (like me), you can first download the free Kindle app from Amazon on any device - a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Then load my book and voila, you have an instant read.

Not sure you want to take the time? I hear ya. Even though we're all home a lot more these days, we still don't seem to have much to spare. But I promise, it's a short read - a mere novelette. And I would love to get your feedback before releasing it into the wild world of Amazon. (Warning: the antagonist, a witch goddess named Bé Chuille, is a nasty piece of work and one of her scenes is rather raunchy. The rest is PG-13.)

Here's the book description:

After nine thousand years of peace and prosperity, the Milky Way Galaxy is about to get a rude awakening. Druantia, queen of the Druid world of Marduk, is the only celestial who stands between the galaxy and a race of bloodthirsty Reptilians. Can Druantia convince the Alliance to close its borders to the warring race? Or will the other gods’ ignorance bring disaster upon them all?

To find out, download a free copy of The Druids of Marduk, Part I, today. But get that eReader app first if you don't have one.


In other news, Part II of the prequel is mostly written as well, and III won't be far behind. So keep your eye out for those announcements too.


Just an FYI, only my newsletter subscribers will have access to these advance copies of the Awen prequel. And going forward, they will hear this kind of stuff first. I hate to play favorites because I love you all dearly, but it's a brave new world, Aldus. And this is me, catching up with the times.


But, hey, O.J.? What about that last book in the Awen trilogy? Will Awen Tide still be ready this Summer as promised?


That is the plan. And I am going to do my best to deliver. But events that take place in this Awen prequel shape what happens in the trilogy. And the particulars are revealing themselves in this format.


Said another way, to finish writing the trilogy, I needed to know what happened way-back-when—when the Druids and Reptilians first came to Earth. And this was the easiest way to find out. As an added bonus, you get to take the journey with me. And boy, is it a wild ride.


Happy reading, y'all!


And if you need those links again, click here for my newsletter, and here for the free Kindle app.

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a pre-apocalyptic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives late Summer 2021. And be on the lookout for her Awen prequel which has more of a sci-fi bent, The Druids of Marduk, available soon on Amazon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...