Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Muse & News

It's interesting how overwhelm presents itself. Sometimes it's with an anxiety attack. Do you know how that feels? That, "oh no the walls are closing in and something bad is gonna happen if I don't get out of here right now" feeling?

I get it in some Walmarts. The heebie jeebies jump on me and I have no choice but to hightail it outta there. I'm happy to say that hasn't happened in a long time, though I did have a moment recently. I was able to suck it up, get my couple of things and skedaddle.

Sometimes, overwhelm takes other forms. There's the, "oh there is so much to do that I will never get it all done so no way am I even gonna try *stomps feet and wails*, "LETS WATCH A MOVIE!" kind of overwhelm.

Yeah, that kind. You're familiar, yes?

This kind of overwhelm reared its ugly head earlier today. I did manage to soldier on and am proud to say that one more biggie (um, they're all biggies at this point) is done.

I now have a newsletter provider. I won't go into my research forays, but today I found Tiny Letter. It was totally serendipitous. I'm not even sure where I saw the name. On Twitter? Or someone's website? An article? I've been all over the net, so who knows.

But it's easy. Free. Simple. Reputable. And I'm sold.

The problem now is maybe not so simple. It's time to find people who want to hear what I have to say. Hmm, wait. There are people. You. YOU come here. To my blog. So why not read my newsletter?

Especially if it means getting a shot at winning contests. For giftcards. Signed copies of Awen Rising. Things like that. Right?

https://tinyletter.com/ojbarreauthor

What do you think? Would you be interested in receiving a short, breezy "news"letter from me now and again? Not often. Probably monthly. At the most. But very soon I'll be doing some contests and giveaways. And subscribers will be getting first shot.

As for my old friend, Overwhelm. I could continue the list, because there are beaucoup ways overwhelm manifests. But I'm thankful it took a break this afternoon and let me get these publishing-related things completed. And one more biggie checked off a very long list.

For those who like the thought of getting Muse & News (and winning free stuff), I have added a subscriber button to the top right banner of this site. You can enter your email address there, or click here to be added to my subscriber list.

Thanks so much!

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

To stay abreast of O.J.'s latest, subscribe to Muse & News, a monthly (or so) "news"letter.

O.J. Barré is the author of the upcoming Awen series, a druid science fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) is scheduled to debut August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback format. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in 2021. And should there be a Book Four, expect to see it in 2022 or later, as Awen Unleashed.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...