Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tick Tock

I have one week left to get Awen Rising ready and into the hands of reviewers. Will I get it done in time?

That IS the plan. But, I'm doing one last read-through. Tightening up prose. Shortening paragraphs. Cutting redundant words.

Yes. I thought all this was already finished. Turns out, a writer's work is NEVER done. But after this pass, it'll have to be good enough.

And Sunday is my birthday. Guess where I'll likely be?

Yep. You guessed it. Right here with Awen Rising. I might have to break down and have some chocolate cake, though.

I did knock off early to see the new Men in Black today. Or should I say the Men and Women in Black. Chris Hemsworth is his usual hunky, dorky self. Turns out, Tessa Thompson plays the smart one of the two. Emma Thompson as O is fabu-loso. And the myriad supporting characters, enjoyable.

OH. And Liam Neeson...well, go see it.

Awen Rising will be in the hands of reviewers in another week. And available to everyone in 35ish days. Wow. The thought both frightens and excites me. Send good thoughts and prayers. I can sure use 'em.

Too-da-loo!

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

To stay abreast of O.J.'s latest, subscribe to Muse & News, a monthly (or so) "news"letter.

O.J. Barré is the author of the upcoming Awen series, a druid science fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) is scheduled to debut August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback format. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in 2021. And should there be a Book Four, expect to see it in 2022 or later, as Awen Unleashed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...