Sunday, July 14, 2019

It's Here. It's Real. Awen Rising.

Guess what! I received the proofs/ARC's of Awen Rising. Yeeeeehaaaaaaaaaa!

I have cried. Laughed. Squeeee'd. Touched it. Held it. Loved on it. And even began reading it. And that was in the middle of showing up for my day-job.

But look. Here I am. HOLDING MY BOOK BABY!

Awen Rising-dragons-aliens-witch-druid-OJ Barré

Today, I'll be doing something I've dreamed of for years—taking a pen to a novel (in print) and lining through the extraneous words, phrases, etc. 

Only, it's MY book. And the edits will be added to Awen Rising before release.

That's right folks. After decades of not being able to read a novel without editing it in my head - and wanting to take a pen to it - I'M GOING FOR IT!

Sacrilege, you say? Maybe. But I am doing it nonetheless. And plan to enjoy every moment.

Awen Rising-fantasy-romance-druids-witch-aliens-talking animals
On a marketing note, I spent the morning watching a Pinterest presentation by Daniel Hall (of Real Fast Social Graphics) and John Kremer (the grandfather of book marketing), and creating mock-ups for banners and ads.

Here's my first mock-up.


Pretty, huh? Want to see another?


Yeah, baby! And here's my favorite (so far). On the beach!


By the way, Awen Rising is on schedule to be released between July 30th & August 1st. I will post an announcement and link to Amazon (on here, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest) as soon as it's available.

 I. AM. SOOO. EXCITED!! Are you ready??

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

To stay abreast of O.J.'s latest, subscribe to Muse & News, a monthly (or so) "news"letter.

O.J. Barré is the author of the upcoming Awen series, a druid science fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) is scheduled to debut August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback format. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in 2021. And should there be a Book Four, expect to see it in 2022 or later, as Awen Unleashed.

3 comments:

Steve koz said...

I am all a Twitter with anticipation

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Me too, Steve!

Debra said...

Go girl!!! Keep that pen going!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...