Monday, February 3, 2020

A Little of This and That

Good morning, dear ones. How are you doing this fine Monday? Good? Hallelujah. Me too. Considering I felt like dog poo on Friday, and again Saturday morning, I'm stoked!

AND the sun is shining, woohoo!

New Year's Day has come and gone. Now it's February and another month closer to Awen Storm's publication date. As I typed that, butterflies flew through my stomach and out my mouth. Ahhhh...fly little beauties, FLY!

via GIPHY

Our new family addition Rambo, the handsome black kitten with a tail like Pepe Le Pew, is curled at my feet, momentarily quiet and still. He's grown a lot in the last six weeks, nearly doubling in weight since he came to live with us. He's integrated well with the shitzus, Masie and Sofie. Luckily, they are gentle and allow him to be his little bugger self.


I have yet to make my reservations to Atlanta for Awen Storm's launch. I'm thinking of moving it to early June, though I'm still debating. And I'd REALLY like to go back in early October, but first things first. Plus, traveling takes so much out of me.

Awen Storm is nearly ready. I'm foregoing the editor because our schedules didn't mesh. Instead, I'm relying on beta readers, who are also providing me with excellent edits. These will be done by the end of February, then I'll have the month of March to do the final proof/read-through. And plan to get the completed manuscript up on KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) by mid-April, so we're ready for launch in May.

Phew. It's exhausting just typing all this, but it will get done. I believe in me. Because YOU believe in me. Thank you, Rebels. I couldn't do any of this without you.

I'm also working on putting my press kit together, as well as getting Awen Rising up on Barnes & Noble and Books A Million's sites so it can be stocked in the stores—which is the first step toward having a book signing at either one.

Lastly, I'll be making a much-belated call to Michelle Capers at the Villa Rica (Georgia) Library to finalize a book-signing in conjunction with their monthly book club. This is the reason I'm thinking of moving my visit to June, to give the members extra time to read Awen Storm once it's published and available.

That's the week ahead for me. As you can see, I'm a busy bee, doing that dance between writing, editing, publishing, marketing, and OH YEAH!, I still have a day-job! And life in between.

Have a wonderful week. And if you haven't read Awen Rising yet, there's still plenty of time before Awen Storm is out. Here's a link: mybook.to/AwenRisingWS

And by the way, I LOVE reading your reviews, so keep 'em coming!

Thank you for your continued support! You ROCK!

~ That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as  O.J. Barré

P.S. I ALMOST FORGOT! The cover for Awen Storm is in process and b-e-a-U-tiful!

P.P.S. And...I've yet to get my newsletter going, but it's a-coming, too!

O.J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a druid urban fantasy set in 2042. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising (set in Atlanta, Georgia) debuted August 1, 2019, in both ebook and paperback. Book Two, Awen Storm, is slated for release May 1, 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives May 1, 2021.

1 comment:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Highest of sales with Awen Storm! Rambo looks a bit like my Midnight! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...