Thursday, April 8, 2021

Paperbacks and Blurbs

While I write Part II of The Druids of Marduk - which by the way is nearly done - I'm also updating the blurb/book description of Awen Rising. Why?

I am preparing to add the paperback, along with Awen Storm, to Ingram Spark. Why?

Because Ingram Spark is the recommended book aggregator. Meaning: they will distribute my paperbacks to bookstores and libraries all over the world - for a fee.

Ask Your Librarian to Order a Copy

I originally opted for Expanded Distribution with Amazon. But I ended up making something like ten cents per book. Bookstores are not likely to use Amazon, and libraries won't touch them. So getting my paperback books into Ingram Spark, however late to the party I am, will make them available in LOTS more places. 

Now to the good part. My new description. Or rather, the version I'm currently working with. I will tighten it up, change a few words here and there, etc. But this is basically it. For now.

*******AWEN RISING********

Her fiancé and career were ripped from her…

…now Emily needs a safe place to hide. 

When a long-lost Druid family offers to take her in, Emily balks at the “Must Save Earth” clause. But crappy luck reveals her to her witchy stalker, and Emily is forced to jump on the proposition despite its blatantly outrageous terms.

At their headquarters in Atlanta, Emily discovers shocking secrets: she was kidnapped by the mother who raised her on the run. Her real father and his Druid followers believe she is Earth’s only hope. And a dark, forgotten foe lurks beneath Humanity’s feet.

As the Reptilians engineer a brilliant plan to breach Earth’s unsuspecting borders, Emily desperately seeks to unleash the innate powers the Druids swear she possesses. Can the sexy druid priest, his teenage nephew, and their animal Elders tilt the odds in Emily and Earth’s favor?

If you crave compelling stories with a strong female lead, quirky sidekicks, and worthy adversaries, you will love Barré’s imaginative urban fantasy. Set in Atlanta, Georgia, Awen Rising is the first book in the Awen Trilogy. Get yours today. Or better yet, grab the whole series!

 ****************

Thanks for reading my work-in-progress description for Awen Rising. I used Bryan Cohen's formula, though the first two lines are formatted in Brian Meeks' style.  I'm quite in love with it at the moment. We shall see how I feel about it in a day of two. Now I'm off to update the front and back matter in both books in preparation for "launch" day.

Rambo - Bath Time!

See you later!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a pre-apocalyptic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in Fall 2021. And the Awen prequel, The Druids of Marduk, Part I, is also available on Amazon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...