Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Inspiration - Van Gogh and Clapton

I'm sitting in my writing chair, tears streaming down my face. It's Vincent Van Gogh's birthday and in reading through the many well-wishes on Twitter, I ran across this clip from a Dr. Who episode. Give it a watch:


By the way, I looked it up and the clip is from Doctor Who, Series 5, Episode 10. This comment on YouTube by an art historian perfectly sums up my reaction:

I've never seen an episode of Doctor Who, but as an art historian, the thought of this man who was mentally ill, tormented, depressed seeing how revered and loved he is by the entire world will never not make me weep.

It also happens to be Eric Clapton's 76th birthday. Thank you, Mr. Clapton, for making such sweet music. Here he is performing Running on Faith, one of my all-time favorites from his Unplugged MTV sessions:
 

That's all. Just wanted to share. Hope y'all have an inspired day and week. April is around the corner.

Happy Spring!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen trilogy, a pre-apocalyptic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, arrives in Fall 2021. The Awen prequel, The Druids of Marduk, is also available on Amazon.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Olivia, I enjoyed reading your last two blog posts. We owe a lot to the artists who bring joy to our lives. I owe a lot to you, and I’m so glad for your 30 years of sobriety. You are you because of the choices you’ve made, and I’m very proud to be your friend.

O. J. Barré said...

Thank you, Debbie! For everything. Including being here for me when I moved to Idaho and had no local friends, much less writer friends. You and our little writing group have kept me going and on track. And with your loving support, I have managed to publish THREE BOOKS! Wow. I am the lucky one. And I am also proud to be your friend.

Thanks again! Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...