Sunday, March 6, 2022

Looking Forward to Spring

Hello, March! It's almost Spring!

In the Southwest corner of Idaho, Spring comes late. But its first signs are everywhere.

Nampa, ID - March 4th - Sap Rising

The sap is rising in the trees and bushes, coloring their branches yellow, red, and other hues of spring. And some have even pushed out leaf buds, like the Roses of Sharon in the downtown lot where I park for work.

Yesterday, I searched our backyard and found the hyacinth bulbs and daffodils planted last summer are beginning to stick their distinctive green heads above the ground. And last year's crop of long, skinny cones has begun dropping from the Weeping Norway Spruce trees guarding the front of the house.

Weeping Norway Spruce at NE Corner

Now, this morning, I spotted my first two robins of the season perched on the neighbor's roofline. Robins rarely visit bird feeders, but they were eyeing ours, so I suspect they had come to see what all the fuss was about.

And while I am enjoying the warmer weather and the signs of coming spring, I am also a bit apprehensive. Heck, I may even be in pre-mourning for my sister and my writing partner, both of whom are leaving me (and Idaho) behind for a spell. My sister (and roommate) will be gone for two months; my writing partner, a whole year.

Rare Selfie with Rambo
Meanwhile, I'll stay behind in Nampa, where I will finish Awen Tide, then move on to complete Part III of the Awen Prequel, The Druids of Marduk, AboveEarth.

And then?

Hmm...

Should I tell you about that? It's not really a secret. Should I? Shouldn't I? Should I? Shouldn't I?

Hmm. Alright. I will.

Once the trilogy and prequel are completed and published, I plan to explore a new skill. 

SCREENWRITING. 

Yup, dear Rebels. You read that right. Yours truly is going to try her hand at writing a screenplay.

And if/when I get good enough at it, I plan to turn the Awen Trilogy into a screenplay. Starting with Awen Rising. Who knows how long that might take. But in the not-too-far-out-there-distant future, you will be able to see the Awen Universe at the theater or on TV!

Can I get an amen?

Y'all keep reading, and I'll keep writing!

That Rebel, Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O. J. Barré

O. J. Barré is the author of the Awen Trilogy, a fun, fast, and epic urban fantasy set in 2042 Atlanta. Steeped in current, ancient, and future history twists, Book One, Awen Rising, debuted July 2019. Book Two, Awen Storm, released May 2020. Book Three, Awen Tide, is on preorder and will release in 2022. All are (or will be) available in both paperback and ebook, and the hardback versions will be available in 2022.

O. J.'s Awen Prequel novelette, The Druids of Marduk, Part I, is also available as an ebook - for purchase on Amazon (or free by signing up for her newsletter). The second installment, The Druids of Marduk, Part II: UnderEarth, is an ebook novella also available on Amazon. Part III: AboveEarth, is scheduled for a 2022 release.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...